Tuesday 6 May 2014

6/5/14

Today I wanted to begin making particularly as I had my final design finished ad I am ready to begin making. However today has been very tiring and stressful. This is because I started to make my pattern pieces for my jacket. As my final outcome comprises of two garments first the jacket and second the skirt. I started with the jacket as I knew how complex this would be. It proved to be very complicated. I am making it the same way I created the items I made on the stand. This consisting of one shape that had been cut out in two sizes several times. I was working from the images I took of my stand work. However whatever way I pinned the pieces together it did not make the right shape. I spent most of the day trying to do this and each time failing to make the correct shape. I decided to leave it and return to it later in the day.  
I moved onto printing onto fabric. I bought my fabric making sure it was polyester, luckily I found the perfect fabric which is a white crystal organza, it has a really nice shimmer to it so it relates to my dream concept and it's also transparent which also relates well to my project. I chose it in white because I know that when I print onto it the colours will come out their best. However as the fabric is sheer the print will be too. I printed two samples onto the fabric first just to test it and also to decide which print to use. Once they were printed onto the fabric I feel that they came out really well and are just the aesthetic I was looking for. I printed samples of both, just in case the print I had originally chosen to go with didn't look good, nevertheless they both printed onto the fabric really well, and after getting a second opinion I decided I would stay with the original print I had chosen. 

Therefore I decided I would print this out larger onto my fabric. However I was unsure on how many metres I needed to print onto. I decided I would only print one metre first just to see how it comes out and then it could give me a better understanding of how much I needed. So when it came to printing my fabric onto the print paper the tutor said that to enlarge the image would seriously pixelate it. She showed me on the computer what it would look like, and it did become very pixelated but I decided I print it anyway because the pixelations may not be that clear on the sheer fabric. So once it was printed on to the paper I transferred it through the heat roller. The print came out really well and didn't show any of the pixelations either. 


After this I then went back to working on the stand and trying to work out the shape of the hunched back. After trying a variety of different ways I then finally worked out the shape I wanted. I then began to work on the front which was also a distorted shape. This was much more simpler to do as I just cut out three long rectangles that were slightly curved toward the end. I pinned this all to the manikin so I could see what it would look like and I really disliked the front as the shape was too large and actually distracted from the shape I wanted. So to get past this I redrew my final design actually making the front flat and this looked a lot better and made the emphasis on my concept a lot stronger. 

Today I faced quite a few different issues all mainly small and some very frustrating but I was able to work past them quite well I think, as I didn't let this demotivate me I just did something else in order to clear my head for when I returned to solve the issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment